Safeguarding at St Patrick’s Parish
At St Patricks Parish we recognise and follow the policies and procedures advised by the Catholic Safeguarding Advisory Service. Details can be found on their website: https://www.csas.uk.net/
They can be contacted on their Advisory telephone line for advice relating to safeguarding within the Catholic Church, policy and procedures and DBS processing.
CSAS Advisory line: 020 7901 1920
At St Patricks Parish our Parish Safeguarding Representative is:
She can be contacted by email: PSR.email@example.com
or telephone: 07799 495149
The Parish Safeguarding Representative has responsibility for promoting good and safe practices in all activities involving children, young people and adults and for providing advice on child and adult safeguarding matters within the Parish or Congregation.
Clifton Diocese have a Safeguarding Team. Information about safeguarding can be found on the Diocesan website: https://cliftondiocese.com/departments/safeguarding
The Diocesan Safeguarding team are:
Becky Cawsey Safeguarding Co-ordinator
Beci Monks Safeguarding Support and Administration Officer
Emma Kayne DBS Administrator
Office Tel No. 0117 954 0993
If you are concerned about the welfare of a child or adult at risk, do not delay in contacting the police, using 999 if a child or adult is believed to be in immediate danger.
It is the policy of the Catholic Church in England and Wales to report all allegations of abuse to statutory authorities, regardless of whether the abuse occurred recently or in the past, or whether the accused person is living or deceased.
If you are in any role within the Catholic Church in England and Wales, you must refer allegations directly to the safeguarding office for your diocese or religious congregation, or directly to the Police.
If you are a member of the public, please refer allegations directly to the police and also to our Safeguarding Co-ordinator Becky Cawsey on 0117 954 0993.
From CSAS website:
If you have been hurt by abuse you can talk to your safeguarding co-ordinator or other agencies such as those listed below.
• NSPCC Child Protection Helpline: 0808 800 5000 (lines free and open 24 hours). Phone if you are worried about a child.
• Child-line: 0800 1111 (lines free and open 24 hours). Phone if you are a child or young person and are worried about anything.
• National Domestic Violence Helpline: 0808 2000 247 (lines free and open 24 hours). Phone if you are experiencing domestic abuse.
• Samaritans Helpline: 08457 90 90 90 (open 24 hours). Phone if you feel you are struggling to cope and need someone to talk to.
• Action on Elder Abuse Helpline: 0808 808 8141 (free phone Monday to Friday 9-5pm)